WRA is moving to a new online reporting system – what does this mean for you?

As of 1st January 2019 the Waikato River Authority will be moving to a new online reporting system.  If you received funding prior to 2018 you would have been able to view your project plan on our online system.  As of 1st January 2019 you will not be able to view this information.  We recommend that you log on prior to this date and take a copy for your records.

We recommend that you log on prior to this date and take a copy for your records.

OLD SYSTEM LOGIN

Alternatively, we can send you a copy on request as we will still be storing this information.


What will the new system look like

The new system is designed to make things easier for funding recipients and project managers.  The software system being adopted is known as SmartyGrants and is used extensively across Australia and New Zealand by funding organisations.

The new system will require you to log in and submit your invoices and reports.  
We will no longer be accepting invoices and reports via email.
We will be contacting existing funding recipients in late 2018 and early 2019 on how to submit invoices and reports in the new system.

If you have already been contacted and are ready to logon to the new system click the link below:

SMARTYGRANTS LOGIN


Reporting Templates for use until 30thDecember 2018

If we have not yet contacted you to discuss how to use SmartyGrants please continue to use WRA's existing reporting templates below and email them to us with your invoices:

WRA Interim project report template  

If you are about to complete your project and are submitting the final report/invoice please use this  WRA Final project report template


Frequently asked quesitons

How do I claim WRA funding?

  • Invoices to the Waikato River Clean Up Trust should be submitted upon completion of tasks outlined in the Deed of Funding. Invoices can be submitted at any time on completion of individual tasks. All invoices to WRA after 1 January 2019 must be submitted through our new online portal SmartyGrants (the same portal used when making your application) by filling in a 'Project Report'.  You can login at https://wra.smartygrants.com.au/applicant/login or via the link on this page. 
  • If the WRA funding for your project is less than $50,000 you can invoice us for 80% upfront and the remaining 20% on completion of the project.  Please contact us if you would like to do this and we will step you through the process.
  • If the WRA funding for your project is more than $50,000 you will need to submit invoices following completion of project tasks. Invoices can be submitted at any time and must be submitted online in our 'Project Report' form.  You must provide evidence of expenses (e.g. supplier invoices, photos, receipts, etc) and will be prompted to include/upload this information in the Project Report form.
     

What reporting requirements does WRA have?

  • WRA’s online ‘Project Report’ form must be filled in whenever an invoice is submitted. This form is available when you log on to the online portal.  You must provide evidence of expenses (e.g. supplier invoices, photos, receipts, etc) and will be prompted to include/upload this information in the ‘Project Report' form.
  • At the conclusion of your project, you will be requested to provide some overall output data about your project and it is recommended you start recording this information when you start your project.  This information will include:
  1. number of plants planted (native and non-native)
  2. length of fencing completed
  3. area of land retired from grazing
  4. value of cash co-funding
  5. value of in-kind funding
  6. number of community events held
  7. number of people attending these events
  8. number of paid employees and/or contractors that worked on the project
  9. number of work days this equates to


What should my invoice look like?

Invoices must contain particular information.   Click here  to view an example invoice


I want to talk to a real person, who should I contact?

WRA has two staff dedicated to helping funding recipients – Sue McConnochie (Restoration Projects Advisor) and Michelle Hodges (Fund Manager).  When your project was granted funding you would have been assigned either Michelle or Sue as your contact person.  

Sue McConnochie – sue@waikatoriver.org.nz

Michelle Hodges – michelle@waikatoriver.org.nz

Ph: 07 837 7966 


I would like to make changes to my project, how do I request a project variation? 

If you would like to make changes to your project please first discuss these with the Waikato River Authority Fund Manager. Phone 07 839 7966.  You may be asked to complete a Project Variation Form.